Monday, February 19, 2007

:: doin' time at ac ::

i'm eternally grateful to ac for giving me my first job in the city. but that's about as far as it goes. the work was work, nothing too stimulating. at least not in the vein of things i'd like to be working with. when i moved to ellen's i was given a pad to take notes. i'd do at least a page of sketches throughout the day while i was waiting for things to load and whatnot. these are some of them. you can tell what my hair/facial hair looked like any given day by my "self portraits." and at the end i was getting frustrated and really wanted to rock out, those are my faves.

also, i have a collection of post-it notes of the flash logo doing something dangerous, that i drew every time the program crashed. i gave up after a while because it crashed so much. i'll try and find those...i like em...




























5 comments:

Peter said...

I totally wasn't exaggerating! You did at least 150 Floyd iterations in just this sketchbook. Insane. Talk about an art dump... quality post!

:: smo :: said...

i ain't a liar man-o! i think one of the best things i got outta working at ea, was discontent. it definitely got me doodlin!!! i like posting doodles, that's where most of my work is. i'm trying to break myself out of posting only completed stuff.

Peter said...

hence the name sketch blog. toad ally!

mikecarloooyeah said...

These are great smo, I think this is the point where your structure become stronger in your cartooning. You can tell that you used that loading time wisely to tighting your skills, and really start nailing down some solid drawings. Keep on truckin'
C-eelo

Ryan Green said...

So THIS is what those AC notepads are meant for! Great doodles.